Saturday, September 4, 2010

It Feels Good To Feel Good

Hello everyone, I would like to welcome you to my blog Commit To Be Fit. My hope is that I can share some simple tips on how to fit some type of physical activity into your day. There are so many ways to do this and it doesn't have to be so time consuming that it seems like an overwhelming task.

You will find that I am passionate about Yoga. Which is the subject of my very first post. I want to start off by saying that *in no way are any of my suggestions or tips to be considered professional or medical advice* I am just a Mom of five who is trying my best to lead by example for our children by living a healthy, active lifestyle.

I am so excited to have this blog as an outlet to share “healthy news” that I am excited about. I want to let you know about a wonderful women named Tara Stiles. She is an amazing Yoga instructor at her own studio Strala Yoga in New York City. I first heard about Tara by following the one and only Deepak Chopra on Twitter. After his many mentions of Tara I decided to check it out. I went to Tara’s You Tube Yoga Channel and was amazed at the videos, information and pure humble talent that is Tara Stiles.

If you visit any of the links that I provided you will see that Tara is the real deal. She makes the Yoga, she IS the Yoga. She truly wants to reach as many people as possible and open their hearts, minds and eyes to Yoga and all that it can be for them as an individual. One of her greatest quotes which is the title of this post “It feels good to feel good” is SO true. We all know that feeling of a  “fitness high” after a good workout, or that proud feeling after making the right choices in our nutrition. It does takes some effort, some thought and preparation, but if you follow through with it and make healthy choices at least 80% of the time it will add years to your life and life to your years!

Tara just came out with her new book Slim Calm Sexy: The 15-minute yoga solution for feeling and looking your best from head to toe. I have ordered my copy of it and also her DVD Yoga Anywhere: The New York Session. I am anxiously awaiting their arrival so that I can get my Yoga on! Here is a link to purchase her book if you are interested. Visit Amazon.com You can also read an excerpt from her book to get an idea of what it’s all about!

Slim Calm Sexy

sim calm sexy

Yoga Anywhere: The New York Session

Yoga Anywhere

I will be talking about Tara again in the future and I will definitely be making future posts about Yoga in general. Sharing the benefits of Yoga and what it can do for you. Another quote of Tara’s which I think is great “Wherever you go, there you are”. She says Yoga is for EVERYONE and I totally believe it, anyone can do Yoga!!

Until next time, remember…try the 80-20 ratio. If you can make healthy choices 80% of the time you will be doing your body a favor!

Be well,

~Sarah~

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you decided to do this!!! Now maybe I can learn something about Yoga. I'm so excited about this blog and glad I'm here from the begining.

    Hugs,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete