Friday, October 29, 2010

~Priorities~

How have you all been? I have been away for a while, SO busy. It is time to talk about priorities! Everyone struggles with “doing it all”. Can we really do it all and what does doing it all really mean?

How do we start our day? I saw a post on Facebook from Strala Yoga called “What did you eat for breakfast”? And it made me think…..and do you know what I had? I am embarrassed to say… I ate Cap N’ Crunch for breakfast! Yep…..sugary, sweet and SO awful. What was I thinking? Well, the truth is I wasn’t thinking. I just ate.

Maybe you start your day calm with meditation or prayer. Maybe you rush out of bed at the sound of the alarm after hitting the snooze for the fourth time. Maybe you are an early riser, and you have already worked out, cleaned the house and done three loads of laundry before the rest of the world has even wiped the sleep from their eyes.

Whatever our routine, however we choose to start our morning really does affect us throughout the day. Have you seen the commercial where the lady chooses a Nutri-grain bar over a doughnut in the morning? As cheesy as that ad may be, it is totally true. I find that if I start my day with oatmeal or whole wheat toast and fruit, it makes me want to choose something healthy for lunch and dinner. If I eat Cap N’ Crunch I feel like I have blown my whole day so what’s the point. Do any of you know where I am coming from?

We can’t be “perfect” ALL of the time. But if we make smart choices most of the time it’s all good. Instead of thinking if we can’t “do it all” then the heck with it. Perhaps we shouldn’t try to do it all. Wrestling with your thoughts about really needing to do one thing, but thinking you should be working out instead isn’t benefiting anyone.

Someone once told me that working out is like “paying yourself”. Most people don’t put themselves first. We don’t make ourselves a PRIORITY! It isn’t wrong to be “selfish” when it comes to our health. I KNOW that I am a much better wife and mother when I have paid myself and then proceeded with my day! I need to get back to that way of thinking. I have started a home-based craft business and I am trying to juggle so many balls in the air, that I have let my “ME” time slide. If I don’t do Yoga, I am not a happy camper.

So, I am making ME a priority again! Join in….and start putting yourself at that top of your “to do” list!

You will never "find" time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.
~Charles Bruxton

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
~Buddha

Until next time, be well.

~Sarah~

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Sarah:
    Happy New Year!!!!!!
    Please come back to this blog!!!!! We need you and your darling spirit!

    ReplyDelete